Prevention is the best course of action. Older adults and individuals with compromised immune systems or serious medical conditions (such as diabetes, heart disease, or lung disease) should remain in their homes as much as possible.
Health resources also encourage everyone to:
- Get the COVID-19 vaccine. These have been thoroughly tested and proven safe.
- Wear a face mask or cloth covering in public.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (use hand sanitizer only if soap and water are unavailable).
- Don't touch eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Frequently clean and disinfect surfaces that are exposed germs.
- Avoid unnecessary travel.